A big hug and a thank you to Miss Scarlett at Miss Scarlett Teaches and Learns for nominating Squarehead Teachers for a Liebster Award!
The Liebster rules:
1. Post 11 facts about myself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by the nominator.
3. Pass the love to 11 other bloggers
4. Pose 11 new questions for the newly ‘loved’ to answer.
Part 1: 11 Facts
- My favorite TV show currently on air is Psych (I only watch Psych and Big Bang Theory).
- I prefer T-shirts and jeans to dressy clothes.
- My go-to store is the dollar store.
- I love Zumba!
- Every week, I mail a postcard to my grandpa.
- I don’t like the color salmon.
- My hubby and I met through a mutual friend who was on my coed intramural basketball team in college.
- I get cold really easily.
- My hubby and I were Smurfs for Halloween.
- Clear counters are happy counters. I prefer usable kitchen counter space to decorative stuff.
- I’ve lived in China, but never seen the Great Wall. (Sad, I know) We spent our travel money on the Philippines instead.
Part 2: Answer Questions By Nominator
1. Are you really you or an alias? Alias… “Lil’ Squarehead”
2. What is your favorite ever song and why? Oooh, dang. That’s a hard one- Maybe “Lucky” by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait, since it’s “our song” (between my husband and I). We sing it together, even though I’m not a fabulous singer. And it expresses beautifully how lucky I feel to have my hubby!
3. If you could change one event in history what would it be and why? Hmmm… can I say all the small moments of pain brought to this world by selfishness and pride. I know it’s not technically an event in and of itself, but I’d like to change that… get rid of it.
4. What is the scariest experience you’ve ever had? I get scared easily. I’m jumpy and my husband knows it… so he likes to startle me and then laugh. Basically, my hubby provides tons of 3 second scary experiences all the time.
5. Should I go for the lost love or remain true to my comfortable love? I believe you should choose your love and then love your choice. Loyalty is a big part of love in my book.
6. What’s your opinion on human rights? We’re all children of God and we should treat each other as such.
7. Dogs or cats? Neither… sorry! I prefer people!
8. Is there ever ‘necessary evil’? Yes, there will always be opposition (including evil and righteousness), but just because it exists doesn’t mean we should choose or tolerate it.
9. What do you hate most about yourself and why? Sometimes, I’m quick to judge. I need to work on that.
10. What do you love most about yourself? I try to encourage others. Everyone needs a cheerleader.
11. Scrunch or fold? Scrunch
Part 3: Nominate Other Blogs
Part 4: New Questions
- White bedroom walls or color?
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
- Your lifestyle best matches the lifestyle of what animal?
- What would you name the autobiography of your life?
- What’s the last movie you saw in theaters?
- What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
- What does your favorite T-shirt look like?
- What do you miss most about being a kid?
- Which do you prefer: chocolate, strawberry or vanilla ice cream?
- If you could switch lives with anyone for a day, who would you switch with? Why?
- What’s one quote/saying that had greatly impacted your life?