Thank you to Mummyshymz for nominating me for this Liebster Award!
The Liebster rules:
1. Post 11 facts about myself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by the nominator.
3. Pass the love to 11 other bloggers
4. Pose 11 new questions for the newly ‘loved’ to answer.
Part 1: 11 Facts
I’m needle-phobic but I like to sew. Go figure.
I love Wheat Thin crackers and cream cheese.
My favorite color is blue.
I prefer warm weather to cold weather.
I have 3 siblings.
The summer after I graduated from high school, I was a lifeguard.
My favorite number is 10.
I have a hard time remembering phone numbers… having a cell phone totally killed that talent.
I love playing board games.
I can’t stand the smell of beer or coffee.
I’d love to visit Europe someday.
Part 2: Answer Questions By Nominator
1. Why do you blog? I enjoy making things on Photoshop and I’m obsessed with talking about teaching.
2. Pet peeve? inefficiency
3. Name your best childhood memory Too many to narrow it down. Thank you Mom and Dad!
4. What is your comfort food? All things cheese.
5. Dogs or cats? Neither… sorry!
6. Name one item you cannot do without. My contacts/glasses!
7. Biggest fear? Not being the person God knows I can become.
8. Mountains or the sea? Sea
9. Half-empty or half-full? Half full… optimism is critical to a happy and successful life.
10. Live to eat or eat to live? Eat to live
11. Favorite fictional character? Hermione Granger
I’d also like to thank Nerd in the Brain for nominating me for this same award! Here are my answers to their questions:
1. If you could dance a jig with any fictional character, who would it be? Charlie Brown & company. They’ve got great dance moves.
2. Best movie soundtrack ever? Pirates of the Caribbean. Hands down.
3. Your thoughts on dried pineapple? I don’t really even know if I’ve tried it, so I’m not sure.
4. Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character? If so, who? If not, what’s wrong with your crazy self? Yes. Captain Shang in Disney’s Mulan is a total stud.
5. Is there anything that you (intentionally) consume every single day? Water. (Deliciousness in a glass) and fruit, which I’m still working on.
6. Tell us about your pets. 1 1/2 year old Beagle puppy named Toby.
7. If you could instantly download any skill or knowledge (a language, musical instrument skills, kung fu, etc.) to your brain, what would you download? Patience, Chinese, Spanish and the ability to calculate stuff in my head.
8. Your thoughts on your belly button? It’s been there my whole life.
9. Salads – tasty treat or waste of chewing energy? Tasty (depending on what’s in them, I’m kinda picky).
10. If you could live in the setting of any book, which book would it be? I’m gonna choose the Bible. I’d love to have lived in Bethlehem at the time of the birth of Jesus Christ so I could go see Him.
11. Zombies – deplorable brain eaters or misunderstood living-tissue challenged? Hmm. When the Apocalypse comes, I’ll let you know…
Part 3: Nominate Other Blogs
Part 4: New Questions
- Last song stuck in your head?
- Prefer to drive or be a passenger?
- 1 food you dislike?
- Better to contact you by email or phone?
- Favorite holiday?
- Ever run away from home as a kid?
- One pursuit you gave up but wish you hadn’t?
- Least favorite household chore?
- Language you wish you could speak?
- 3 things you’d change about yourself?
- 1 word to describe your life right now?