Wow! Thank you to K-Min Cookin’ for nominating Squarehead Teachers for the Spread Smiles Award! (and yes, it did make me smile when I read I’d been nominated.)
- List 7 things that make you smile
- Write something that will make readers smile
- Nominate 7 blogs that make you smile (They’ll smile when you tell them they’ve been nominated.)
1. 7 Things That Make Me Smile
- Milo & Otis (yeah, that old movie about a puppy and a kitty!)
- Weekly emails from my family
- A new package of colorful Sharpies!
- Tender mercies of the Lord (there are no such thing as coincidences; only tender mercies)
- Getting all green lights on my way to work!
- A clean house
- Seeing the delight on kids’ faces when they win an award at a school assembly
2. Write Something That’ll Make Readers Smile
A few months ago, I was in a 2nd grade classroom and had the following comical conversation with two of the boys:
Boy 1: “Say this 2 times fast: two”
Me: “two two”
Boy 1: <laughing hysterically >
Me: “Do you know what a tutu is?”
Boy 1: “Yeah, it’s the dress that dance girls wear.”
Me: “Yes. Ballerinas wear tutus.”
Boy 2:”And the dance boys wear skinny jeans!”
Boy 1: “Yeah, I’m wearing skinny jeans today just like those dance boys!”
Boy 2: “I’m wearing skinny jeans too! I could be a dance boy in these pants.”
3. Nominate 7 Blogs
Thanks for the award.
My pleasure! You deserve it!