Students always like telling someone about themselves. Here’s a bulletin board idea that will do just that. Click here to see my Back To school Bus Bulletin Board (similar idea). First, have the students make their truck (directions on the printable itself and below).
Click here for the free printable PDF: Just Keep Truckin’ Bulletin Board
Decorate your truck according to these directions:
- Draw yourself in the window.
- Write your name on the door.
- Draw each of the following things in the back section of the truck:
- Your favorite outside activity
- Your dream birthday present
- Something you’re good at
- Your favorite part about school
- If you have 2 or more siblings, draw stripes in the wheels. If you have 1 sibling or less, draw dots in the wheels. Use your favorite color.
- Color rest of the truck using your favorite color.
Once all the students finish, have each student present their truck to the rest of the class. If your class is large, limit each student to 1 minute to share or allow students to only share their truck with those near them. Then put each truck up on a bulletin board and call it something clever (“Just Keep Truckin’!”, “Travelling Down the Road to Success”, or something…).