What is expository writing? Expository writing is used to present reasons and explanation about a topic in a step-by-step process. The expository essay should contain a main idea (thesis), supporting details (with transitions) and a conclusion in a logical fashion. Be sure to check your work for grammatical correctness as well! Happy writing!
For Elementary School Kids
- Explain how you play your favorite game.
- Explain whether you like or don’t like staying with a baby sitter.
- Explain/describe the smile of your mother.
- How do you feel when you visit your grandparents?
- What is the best thing about your brother/sister?
- Explain the best thing about your most favorite person/pet in the world.
For Middle School Kids
- What are the good things and bad things about living in your town? Explain with logical reasons and examples.
- What does the phrase, “There are two sides to a coin” mean to you?
- Explain your feelings and thoughts when someone picks on you or your friends.
- Do you think families are important? Explain with valid reasons and examples.
- Is it important to be honest?
- Explain how will you strive to be a role-model for your younger siblings as well as peers.