This is quick and easy paper Christmas/holiday craft was submitted by a lower grade teacher! She loves doing this with all ages. I love how simple it is. It would be perfect to do after you read Tomie dePaola’s book, The Legend of the Poinsettia The book tells a Mexican legend of how the poinsettia came to be, through a little girl’s unselfish gift to the Christ Child. It’s perfect for a Christmas around the world unit! Anyway, here are the directions for the paper poinsettia craft:
- 1 red square 9″ x 9″
- 1 yellow square 2″ x 2″
- 3 green strips 2″ x 9″
1. Fold red paper in half. Then open it open and fold it in half the other way.
2. Round corners of yellow square.
3. Glue yellow square in center of red square.
4. Cut along the fold line until you get to the yellow. Don’t cut into the yellow.
5. Curl the poinsettia ends with a pencil.
6. Cut the ends of the green strips into a point.
7. Glue the green strips to the back of the poinsettia.
What are your favorite Christmas crafts for kids? Let me know in the comments below! Merry Christmas!