Be sure to check out my book giveaway happening this week (ends March 14, 2015)!
As Pi Day (3/14) approaches, you may be wondering, how can I celebrate this goofy holiday with as little preparation as possible. Well the answer is simple: borrow a genius idea from another teacher! Here are some ideas to get you started:
Zero Effort Ideas: Pi Day jokes. Just say ’em! (make sure they’re not above your students’ heads!)
- Make a pie (or buy moon pies) and serve them to your class! (check your school’s policy on bring in food)
- Read Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi. (click here for printables to go along with the book)
Some More Effort:
- Do art based on the numerals on Pi (source)
- Find a fun printable (source)
- Or do one of these Pi Day activities (source)
But whatever you do, have a happy Pi Day!